Wednesday, August 7, 2013

"OH MY"

As promised on my last post I gathered up the UMPH to get over to the stable and ride, I did, I drove right on over there. On my way there I also decided that I was going to start riding my pretty little mare (well not so little) anyhoo I got there with all the enthusiasm I needed to follow through with my intentions. 
I haltered her up and we headed up the drive, leaving her screaming 2 year old to throw his tantrum with out us watching or validating his behavior.....I didn't always do that so I was very proud of myself.

I groomed then saddled, walked around the indoor arena in hand looked at scary things like jumps and stuff, then headed out to the large round pen, where we could see our 2 year old in full view still throwing a tantrum {he's very fast by the way).
Not having ridden my girl in about 3 years I was a little apprehensive as any old re-rider should be, I also watched her short amount of training at which time I realized, I REALLY liked my Red horse, he has never displayed the kind of moves my girl did. But that's all behind her she's a good girl now, that's what I was telling myself before the mount, so I did, I mounted up from the ground as I could not find my beloved mounting block, up I went breath held landed where I wanted to and my good girl just stood there.
OK we are off to a great start, I'm up she's standing still life is good, except for the annoying 2 year old throwing his tantrum, STILL.
Feeling pretty darn good about things we walk off, we walk a while all is good so we pick up a trot, that's where the whole day took a turn for the worst.
We are trotting around, I'm trying to pay attention to giving the correct ques (as she's very sensitive to that), I feel something that's not quite right, so we come down to a walk and all seems fine, we pick the trot back up and there it is again, that down right awful feeling that screams, lame.
To be absolutely certain I call over the resident expert, she first watches and says yes it's in the rear end, at that point I dismount (without crumpling to the ground I might add) and have Bekkah get on and take a spin while I watch the poor girl short step on the rear end.
What can I say "OH MY" no that's not what I said, mine sounded more like "OH F%*#K.
With that said, I am now on a mission to find out what the heck is going on, that can be a process but one we can handle.

I  kept my promise I got my behind on my horse and I blogged about it, that's a good thing, I'm also just certain that my sweet little momma will be back to good in no time, myself and the professionals will see to that!
Our naughty 2 year old, well, he did get to come out and get some attention, but that's a whole other post:)

Until next time...... happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment