Sunday, August 25, 2013

They just aren't built to last....but it could have been worse !

So, the one thing I've learned in the years of having horses in my life is that they are not built to last.
I suppose when I was young I didn't really understand just how fragile they are, from their digestive system to the intricate make up of their hooves, they just aren't made to last. I suppose that's how the herds were thinned back before they became our companions.
Of course now we spare no expense on diet, health, hoof care etc......soooo speaking of sparing no expense, yes, as I type I am reminded of how my bank account gets smaller every month due to pony care, there is regular pony care monthly expense, there is the every few month added expense, then there is the dreaded they just aren't built to last expense that comes with the vet visit.
As I described in my last blog my mare has been off in the rear for a couple of weeks, had the Chiro out $, let her rest, then had the farrier out for the every couple month expense $.
During the farrier visit $, when my mares turn came for her shoes, my very competent wonderful farrier could hardly get the back leg up, she was not being difficult or naughty in any way she was just avoiding pain $.
The plan, trim her only and call the vet $, which I did, on the following Thursday our great very competent vet $ came to call $.
My dear Ms. Flirt has a stifle injury $ which he fittingly called stiffling herself $, with that I paid the nice man $, and our rehab plan is in affect $. This turns out to not be such a bad time for this since I am also rehabbing a bad foot $.





Hey it could have been worse!

Until next time happy trails and stay healthy, you and your pony !

No comments:

Post a Comment