Sunday, August 4, 2013

Motivation or lack there of....and stuff

OK so it's been a very long time, in fact a really really long time.

This is sort of a confession I suppose, not only have I lacked complete motivation to Blog I have lacked complete motivation to ride, a very sad but true statement.

I did have one little short episode I should mention, my daughter has been riding our Red horse a little and on one of those occasions I decided I should hop on and take a little walk around, so I did.
Of course Red horse being the steady eddie that he is it was completely UN-eventful, until I decided to get off.
I brought Red horse up to the barn and parked him facing the inside, I then swung my leg over and of course being that he is 17hh I take my foot out of the stirrup and jump down, sounds easy right.
Well on that particular day I forgot that my left foot has been swelling from some sort of injury that my old brain can't remember but that's another story, the BOTTOM line is I landed on the ground and the foot didn't hold or anything else from the waste down.....I just kept right on going until I was sitting along side of Reds front leg looking the opposite way...REALLY...that did not just happen.
I not only landed flat on my tush I had shorts on, not a pretty sight......but good OL Red horse behaved as if this never happened, he just stood looking directly at the barn and didn't flinch, I can't imagine what was running through his head but the sweet boy never showed it.
Just prior to the incident


So there you have it, I will say I am going to make a big effort to take the time to ride and blog, you heard it here first!

Until next time..... Happy trails to you and hopefully me !

No comments:

Post a Comment