Monday, August 26, 2013

RED HORSE !

I got to thinking after my last post, Flirt needs time to heal, I really need to ride or get off the pot and call it a pasture pal hobby. Not that attempting to ride and bond with my mare wasn't a really good intention, it was and it still is, just delayed a little that's all.

With that said, my next brainstorm was one I had blogged about earlier, RED HORSE, I had full intentions of getting in to shape using Red horse as my work out partner, so what happened, well I got to having fun doing all kinds of things but not riding that's all, life of a re-rider, we do a lot of other stuff.

Red horse has been having fun this summer with others, he has taken out trail rides, he has been playing at the river, Red horse horse has been borrowed to head out to have fun, he has had some rides from my daughter, none of those things will get Red horse to use his body or improve his gait.

It is my intention to work with Red horse to improve his work ethic (mine too), get him to start using his body correctly (mine too), collection, flexing, and improve his gaits. When this light bulb went off in my head I reached out to a fellow blogger who is also a Standardbred trainer http://harnessphoto.blogspot.com/ for some tips on where to start, got those tips and I'm ready to roll !

Of course here comes the hard part, getting myself to follow through regardless of all the other fun things that I can find to do, this re-rider is not so fond of working that hard anymore....hey, kinda like Red horse imaging that, I wonder where he gets it from!
So I am off to the barn tomorrow with the intention of getting a "good ride" on that beast LOL, there will be an update, I promise!

Until next time happy trails !

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading your progress and I'm THRILLED you reached out :)

    ReplyDelete